YIELD: 15 servings
- chana or paneer:1 1/2 cup
- Dried milk:1 cup
- Flour 2tb spoon
- Baking powder :1 tea spoon
- Ghee or melted butter:1 tb spoon
- Red food colur:a little bit
- oil:for frying
- 1. Rub the chana in gentle hand....add the flour,dried milk,baking pwder,ghee and the food colourand mix them well into a smooth dough.
- 2. If it feels too dry add a little bit milk...make small balls from the dough...make sure there is no cracking ...fried the balls in gentle it until the colour becomes dark brown.
- 3. For sheera:2cups water+2cups sugar and 3/4 whole cardamom
- 4. add the fried balls in sheera(sugar syrup)and let it simmer for 15 minutes..turn of the heat and let them soak in sheera for couple of hours
- 5. Tips for making khoya:melt some ghee on the pan in a low heat and put some dry milk powder on it.Stir it for a just a min. careful, it can burn very easily(cheats method actually)